Thursday 7 May 2009

More poetry: I miss you


So I needed some serious procrastinating and felt a creative mood come by.....enjoy :)


I miss you,

I miss you, like a droplet of sun through a cloudy sky

I miss you like my oldest friend, who went away without saying goodbye

I miss you,

I miss you like the silent wake after a blinding storm

I miss you like the winter fall undone to summers joys transformed


I miss you,

I miss you like pasttimes eating candyfloss and picking buttercups

I miss you like the cares of a child before we all grew up

I miss you,

I miss you like the stars that sparkle in the night

I miss you like the sun at dusk, the first glimpse of light


I miss you,

I miss you like the view of the city seen through blind eyes

I miss you like the unquestionable truth of perfect lies

I miss you

I miss you like I want to scream, but you cannot hear

I miss you like you are always gone, but you are always near

I miss you

I miss you like you do not know

like you do not care

2 comments:

  1. That's really sweet. I like it all, apart maybe from the last line. Still, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats the whole point!

    well actually no...thats cos i started writing it thinking of something sad like somebody had left the world.....and then halfway through, i thought...well wat if they arent gone...what if it was unrequited love or it was an abusive parent or it was the old friend who left without saying goodbye....then you would madly miss someone who at the end of the day...really had no idea you missed them >_<

    ReplyDelete