Sunday 29 March 2009

The Perils of Travelling and being me

I came back home to Londre last night for the easter holiday (well barely a holiday, most of it will be spent working) and I had completely forgotten what a pain travelling can be.

Now I don't know about you but luck really doesn't seem on my side lately. There are a number of things which drive me mad....After overcoming the first hurdle of travelling - ie how much to pack (It is unbelievably difficult packing for a 2/3 week holiday away, I had to sacrifice soo many nice shoes and bags which were deemed unnecessary by my housemate! arrrrghhh the frugal life! ), I had to walk to the station with my big huge suitcase....

1. I miss the train by 30 seconds
2. So i decide to walk to the bus stop instead
3. I missed the bus by 4 minutes (some idiot decided to make the train and bus timetable exactly the same)
4. I walk back to the train station as I decide whatever happens, it will be quicker to get me to my destination
5. I buy a ticket and accidently spend £31 on a single ticket to London instead of a £32 return to London
6. I spend the next 10 minutes hitting myself
7. Get a train to London...no seats
8. Get to London....escalator isn't working
9. Wait for train to Kings Cross...it says next train in 3 minutes....its been sayin that for the last 6 minutes....why don't these things ever tell you the truth?! I'm halfway through the entire soundtrack of phantom of the opera before the train finally comes!
10. On train....no seats
11. Smelly man standing next to me (self explanatory)
12. Finally arrive at final destination and its pouring rain outside (MY LUCK SUCKS!)
13. First good news of the day. Mummy picks me up from the station :)
14. Bad news comes within the next 2 minutes. Mummy, Daddy and brother are going to wach cousin perform in High School Musical and got me a ticket
15. Spend the next 2 hours watching High School Musical performed by kids aged between 4-14ish


Love my life.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. The only Buddhist belief I know is that 'All life is suffering' - so it seems that you're experiencing life to the full!

    However the glimpse of your life given here suggests that you are focused on 'arriving at a destination' rather than enjoying the bits that happen on the 'journey'.

    Look around you.
    The musical can't have been that bad; and you could have asked the smelly man what deodorant he was wearing.

    Life isn't a race. Enjoy the slow walk, dear!

    Paddy Dodd baldgitdodd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete