Thursday 5 March 2009

To walk or run...the bus dilemma

I don't know about you, but I have always suffered from the walk or run syndrome when it comes to buses, trains or any kind of public transport. Sometimes it just feels like the world is transpiring against you, making you suffer for having the sheer nerve for daring to take a method of transportation that uses earth's natural resources. Yep its punishing you for being a gas guzzler!

Take this
morning afternoon for example, I walked to get the bus to go to Campus, and when I got to the bus stop I realised I didn't have enough change to get a ticket....I didn't panic though...there was 2 minutes till my bus was due...2 whole minutes according to the bus timetable! So I quickly crossed the road to get some money out of the cash machine...as my card was being ejected out of the machine and the money counted...what whizzed past me without stopping at the bus stop?? THE BUS! the damn bus! So that was annoying...

I figured what the hell however, I am going up to campus to go to the gym anyway (2nd time in my life, you should be soo proud!), so why don't I just walk into town (10 minutes) and then get the next bus straight up to Uni.

10 minutes later (ok 17mins, I have small legs and get distracted by shiny things on the ground way to easily!), I am almost there and see a bus already at the bus stop...

ME: I can make it, I can definately make it
*walk a bit faster*

(at this point the last person is boarding the bus)

ME: OK maybe I can't make it
*start to slow pace again*

ME: Wait! the doors are still open, he is going to hang there for a few minutes, I can make it!! I am sure I can make it!
*Break into a run*

(the doors close, the bus is still stationary and there is a person on the bus looking at me)

ME: Arrrgh don't look like I am running...casual walk!! casual walk!!
*instantly slow pace and walk really really 'casually'*

(I am standing next to the bus and the doors have not re-opened, the bus driver indicates to pull out)

ME: ooooohhh crap! I am going to miss this, why doesn't he open the door! oooh wait! whos this young uni looking fellow walking towards the bus...maybe he will knock on the bus door to get it to open
*I continue to hang around near vicinity of bus and observe young uni fellow without looking immediately interested in bus although most likely, slightly intrigued*

(Young uni looking fellow knocks on bus doors as predicted asking to get on, bus driver ignores him and finally pulls out into ongoing traffic. Person on bus looks at young uni fellow with a smirk)

*I immediately take a step back and pretend I had no interest in bus to begin with*

ME: What?! I don't wanna look like the saddo running for the bus! I had that enough as a teenager! Better him than me I say!

XOXO





5 comments:

  1. Hey! Drawing on photos is my thing! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will find that many people do it...including mr perez hilton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ok I take it back. In fact I've just read through some of your older posts and I think I have some serious competition :O

    Maybe we should join forces...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by your most recent comment on getting buses / trains back to London at Easter, you definitely seem to have a problem ('issues'?)with transport.

    I wonder if it covers some deeper, more basic, underlying anxiety?
    Have you considered therapy?
    Or a new alarm clock?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thanks....! Its actually called BAD LUCK and these 'problems with transport' are symptomic of the entire UK transport industry

    and tell me...what does bad luck have to do with anxiety and therapy?!

    ReplyDelete